St. Mark's Lutheran Church Baldwinsville, NY
St. Mark's Lutheran Church
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church exists to embrace all persons we meet with the Good News of God’s unconditional love in Jesus Christ and to empower all for joyful service in the church and the world.
Saint Mark's Lutheran Church was organized in October of 1952 with 72 charter members meeting in the Cold Springs White Chapel. White Chapel's history began in 1861, when it was built at a cost of $1400 on the corner of Doyle and Cold Springs Roads on land donated by George White. White had settled in the area in 1811. In the early days two wood burning stoves heated the building and outside hitching posts were available for horses. The chapel was non-denominational and hosted weekly Sunday afternoon services usually supplied by Methodist ministers from Liverpool, Baldwinsville or students from Syracuse University.
The congregation of Saint Mark's made the commitment to build a new church building on its present site in January 1965. The groundbreaking ceremony for the first of the 3 planned units was held on October 31, 1965.
St. Mark's has had a number of pastor's throught the years. Its current pastor is Pastor Joe McGarry who was called to St. Mark’s on July 15, 2008 and was Ordained on August 1, 2008. Pastor McGarry lives in Baldwinsville with his wife Katie and their two children Logan and Addyson. You can learn more about Pastor McGarry by visiting his blog Lutheran Grilled Cheese.